Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Each manuscript should not exceed 6000 words.
Leave margins of at least 1 in. (2.54 cm) at the top, bottom, left and right every page.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- It is important to write a manuscript in a scholarly way which includes correct scientific English before submission. MOJES highly recommends that non-native speakers of English have manuscripts proofread by a copy editor before submission.
- Authors are required to recommend 3 qualified reviewers for the peer review process. Adhering to the following guidelines will help to avoid delays. Authors should be prepared to provide the first and last names, institutions, and email addresses of the potential reviewers who are experts in the field. Potential reviewers should not be from any of the authors' institutions. Authors should take care not to recommend reviewers that have a real or perceived conflict of interest (e.g., a collaborator or someone who has recently published with one of the authors). When a manuscript is returned to the authors for revision, the authors should address the specific recommendations of the reviewers and justify any suggestions that have been disregarded. The revised manuscript should be returned promptly.