About the Journal
JATI-Journal of Southeast Asian Studies is a multi-discipline peer-reviewed journal on Southeast Asia published annually by the Department of Southeast Asian Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. This journal is a double-blind peer review concerned with research results in the social sciences and humanities on Southeast Asia. JATI is indexed in Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), ASEAN Citation Index (ACI), MYCite and UDLedge: Social Science & Humanities Citation Index (SS&HCI). JATI employs a blind review process. Contributions in English should not exceed 8000 words for the full paper, 5000 words for review essay and 1500 words for a book review. All research papers must include a literature review, theoretical framework and methods. All citations and references must follow APA style.
eISSN : 2600-8653
Print ISSN : 1823-4127
Publisher : University of Malaya
Publication Type : Online
Publication frequency : 2 time(s) per year (June and December) and a Special Issue.
No. of articles : 10 - 12 per issue
As an open-access journal, this journal's aims are to:
1. Connect the gap between scholarship in the multi-discipline of area studies particularly Southeast Asia
2. Bridge the global, Southeast Asian region and local knowledge and information
3. Digest a contextual analysis of issues and themes pertaining to Southeast Asia
4. Reflect the relationship between theory and practice on Social Science and Humanities in the area of Southeast Asia
5. Provide a platform for discourse between academics, researchers, and practitioners in the field of area studies
JATI is a multi-discipline journal which broadly focuses on the research result on Social Sciences and Humanities related to the area of Southeast Asia. More specifically, JATI Journal seeks to promote critical research on a range of inter-related issues within this geographical area pertaining to the economy, politic, social, art and cultural issues.