Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format only.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. Please refer to the Chicago Manual of Style (17th Edition).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author's Guidelines. Please refer to the Chicago Manual of Style (17th Edition).
Although the Department of East Asian Studies is the publisher of the WILAYAH: The International Journal of East Asian Studies, the views presented in the WILAYAH are entirely those of the contributors and do not reflect the official stand of the Department of East Asian Studies. The Department does not hold itself responsible for the accuracy of any article published. Publisher and co-publishers assume no responsibility, nor by the editors for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any actual or alleged libellous statements, infringement of intellectual property or privacy rights, or products liability, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, procedures, products or methods contained in the material therein.
Journal Distribution and Open Acess Policy
The WILAYAH: The International Journal of East Asian Studies (eISSN 2462-2257) adopts CC-BY license. As such, we would be grateful if an acknowledgement accompanies the republication that the work was originally published in WILAYAH. The electronic version of the journal is available online. IJEAS endorses the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. The Public Knowledge Project (PKP), which has designed our journal system to improve the quality of research, is committed to supporting the open access publishing of scholarly resources. Authors must agree with this open access policy which enables unrestricted access and reuse of all published articles. The articles are published under the Creative Commons copyright license policy CC-BY (Open Acess Policy). For printed (hardcopy) subscription, please contact the Managing Editor.
WILAYAH charges no fee for submission, processing, or publication of our articles. There are also no charges to the reader.