RELIABILITY ANALYSIS OF ACTIVE REDUNDANT SYSTEM USING GEOMETRIC DISTRIBUTION
Main Article Content
The present paper is an initiative taken towards study and analysis of industries concerning different maintenance strategies towards their products on behalf of their working and maintenance level. The objective of presenting the concept of the dual nature of repair for units having extra or major failures in addition to regular ones is well explained. The stochastic analysis of reliability characteristics using regenerative techniques for the system consisting of two parallel units following the active-standby redundancy and having different repair time distributions was also studied using geometric distribution. The numerical equations and results are being evaluated for reliability parameters like mean time to system failure, availability of the system in operative form, down period of the system following repair mechanism using regenerative techniques, and geometric distribution. The graphical analysis has also been presented for-profit function with respect to repair and failure rate.
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Martz H.F., Waller R. A. (1990). Bayesian reliability analysis of complex series/parallel systems of binomial subsystems and components, Technometrics, 32: 407-416.
Acar E., Solanki K. (2009). System reliability based vehicle design for crashworthiness and effects of various uncertainty reduction measures, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 39: 311-325.
Dai. Y. S., Levitin G. (2006). Reliability and performance of tree-structured grid services, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 55: 337-349.
Tian Z., Zuo M. J., Huang H. (2008). Reliability-redundancy allocation for multi-state series-parallel systems, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 57: 303-310.
Du M., Li Y. F. (2020). An investigation of new local search strategies in memetic algorithm for redundancy allocation in multi-state series-parallel systems, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 195: 106703.
Ram M., Singh S. B., Singh V. V. (2013). Stochastic analysis of a standby system with waiting repair strategy, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 43: 698-707.
Kumar G., Jain V., Soni U. (2019). Modelling and simulation of repairable mechanical systems reliability and availability, International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 10: 1221-1233.
Perman M., Senegacnik A., Tuma M. (1997). Semi-Markov models with an application to power-plant reliability analysis, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 46: 526-532.
Chen W. L. (2018). System reliability analysis of retrial machine repair systems with warm standbys and a single server of working breakdown and recovery policy, Systems Engineering, 21: 59-69.
Bhatti J., Kakkar M. K. (2021). Reliability analysis of cold standby parallel system possessing failure and repair rate under geometric distribution, Recent Advances in Computer Sciences and Communications, 14: 962-968.
Hua D., Elsayed E. A. (2015). Reliability estimation of k-out-of-n pairs: G balanced systems with spatially distributed units, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 65: 886-900.
Lee S. H., Park T. W., Chung K. H., Choi K. H., Kim K. K., Moon K. H. (2011). Requirement-based testing of an automotive ECU considering the behaviour of the vehicle, International Journal of Automotive Technology, 12: 75-82.
Levitin G., Xing L., Haim H. B., Dai Y. (2013). Reliability of series-parallel systems with random failure propagation time, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 62: 637-647.
Adler P., Mallwitz R., (2021). Time-based reliability analysis of electrolytic capacitors for automotive applications using multi-domain simulation, 22nd International Conference on Thermal, Mechanical and Multi-Physics Simulation and Experiments in Microelectronics and Microsystems (EuroSimE), St. Julian, Malta, 1-6.
Bhatti J., Kakkar M. K., Kaur M., Deepika, Khanna P. (2021). Stochastic analysis to mechanical system to its reliability with varying repairing services, Chebyshevskii Sbornik, 22: 92-104.
Hua D., Elsayed E. A. (2015). Degradation analysis of k-out-of-n pairs: G balanced systems with spatially distributed units, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 65: 941-956.
Popovic P., Ivanovic G., Mitrovic R., Subic A. (2012). Design for reliability of a vehicle transmission system, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 226: 194-209.
Liu Y., Huang H. Z., (2010). Optimal selective maintenance strategy for multi-state systems under imperfect maintenance, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 59: 356-367.
Mihalache A., Guerin F., Barreau M., Todoskoff A. (2006). Reliability analysis of mechatronic systems using censored data and Petri nets: application on an antilock brake system (ABS), RAMS’ 06 Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, IEEE, USA, 140-145.
Srihari P. V., Govindarajulu K., Ramachandra K. (2010). A method to improve reliability of gearbox fault detection with artificial neural networks, International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering, 2: 221-230.
Nourelfath M., Fitouhi M. C., Machani M. (2010). An integrated model for production and preventive maintenance planning in multi-state systems, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 59: 496-506.
Bhatti J., Bhardwaj N., Kumar S. (2021). Mathematical modelling to industrial repair and maintenance policy system for its reliability, Mathematical Modeling and Computing, 8: 465-473.
Haggag M. Y. (2009). Cost analysis of two-dissimilar-unit cold standby system with three states and preventive maintenance using linear first order differential equations, Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 5: 395-400.
Bhatti J., Kakkar M. K., Bhardwaj N., Kaur M., Deepika, (2020). Reliability analysis to industrial active standby redundant system, Malaysian Journal of Science, 39: 74-84.
Bhatti J., Kakkar M. K., Kaur M. (2021). Stochastic analysis to a power supply system through reliability modelling, Transactions of National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan. Series of Physical-Technical and Mathematical Sciences, Issue Mathematics, 41: 35-43.