Sejarah is a peer-reviewed international journal committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics. Hence, by submitting an article to this journal author(s) agree to comply with the following Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement.
- Originality and plagiarism - all manuscripts must be the original work of authors and not evidence plagiarism.
- Authorship of the paper - authorship of a manuscript should be limited to authors who have made significant contributions.
- Multiple, redundant, or concurrent publication - authors must not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
- Acknowledgement of sources - authors must properly and accurately acknowledge the work of others.
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest and financial support - authors should disclose any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript and acknowledge individuals or organizations that have provided financial support for research.
- Publication decisions - editors are responsible for deciding which of the manuscripts submitted to the journal should be reviewed or published.
- Fair play - editors should ensure the integrity of the publication review process. As such, editors should not reveal either the identity of authors of manuscripts to the reviewers, or the identity of reviewers to authors.
- Confidentiality - editors must treat received manuscripts for review as confidential documents and must not disclose any information about submitted manuscripts to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher.
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest - editors and any editorial staff must not use materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript (published or unpublished) for their own research without the author’s written authorization.
- Investigation’s Editors should conduct proper and fair investigation into ethical complaints.
- Confidentiality - reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
- Standards of objectivity - reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author.
- Contribution to editorial decision - reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Promptness - reviewers should complete their reviews within a specified timeframe.
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest - reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Editorial Board / Publisher Responsibilities
- The Editorial Board/ Publisher must keep information pertaining to submitted manuscripts confidential.
- The Editorial Board/ Publisher must disclose any conflicts of interest.
- The Editorial Board/ Publisher must evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content.
- The Editorial Board/ Publisher is responsible for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts.
- The Editorial Board/ Publisher must continuously support and promote the journal.
Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Report on Ethics and Malpractice Issues
Editors (in conjunction with the publisher and/or society) will take responsive measures when ethical concerns are raised regarding a submitted manuscript or published paper. Every reported act of unethical publishing behavior will be investigated, even if it is discovered years after publication. If, on investigation, the ethical concern is well-founded, a correction, retraction, expression of concern or other note as may be relevant, will be informed to the relevant parties. This may include a formal notice published in the journal; a formal notice to the employer / institution / organization of the individual concerned; and a formal notice to relevant professional bodies of the misconduct committed.
By submitting manuscripts to the Sejarah, authors agree to transfer copyright to the journal. However, authors may republish their work or grant others permission to republish it; in which case it should be accompanied by a proper acknowledgment that the work was originally published in the Sejarah. The journal adopts CC-BY-NC license which authors may also share and distribute their article anywhere of non-commercial website, social media, and repositories immediately on publication.
Authors may also reuse the Abstract and Citation information (e.g. Title, Author name, Publication dates) of their article anywhere at any time including social media such as Facebook, blogs, and Twitter, providing that where possible a link is included back to the article on the journal site.
Sejarah will ensure digital preservation of access to the journal content by the University of Malaya Journal depository section at https://ejournal.um.edu.my/index.php/SEJARAH/index and MyJurnal at https://myjurnal.mohe.gov.my/public/browse-journal-view.php?id=37.
Manuscripts published in Sejarah are deposited in Common Repository managed by University of Malaya Library. At the same time, our Editor is working towards getting the published manuscripts deposited in multiple digital archives around the world to guarantee long-term digital preservation, such as PKP PLN (Private LOCKSS Network).
Sejarah also allows authors to self-archive versions of their work on their own webpages, on institutional webpages, and in other repositories. There is no embargo period as this journal is an open-access journal.