About the Journal
QURANICA - International Journal of Quranic Research
(ISSN 2289-5396 | eISSN 2590-4167)
The first publication of the journal by Centre of Quranic Research (CQR) was started in the year 2011, formerly known as International Journal on Quranic Research (ISSN 2180-4893). Four issues already published under the journal within the year 2011 till 2013. At the end of 2013, this journal has been replaced with a new journal, known as QURANICA (ISSN 2289-5396 | eISSN 2590-4167).
QURANICA - International Journal of Quranic Research is an international trilingual (Arabic, English & Malay) peer-reviewed (double-blind) bi-annual journal published by Centre of Quranic Research (CQR), University of Malaya. It reflects on the full range of current scholarly works on Quranic Studies. All submitted manuscripts will undergo an initial screening by an editor and then a rigorous double-blind peer-review process, and finally, editorial scrutiny.
All papers published in this journal were obtained from original research papers, which have not been submitted for publication elsewhere, dealing with all aspects of the Quranic & Islamic research area, as well as other specializations that are related to Quranic research such as computing and sciences/technology. All manuscripts will undergo the double-blind peer-review process prior to publication. The manuscripts must be submitted either in English, Malay or Arabic language, which irrespective of the native language of the author(s).
All manuscripts are accepted for review, subject to the authors written undertaking that they have not been and will not be published elsewhere in any format, and that there are no ethical concerns with the contents or data collection. The authors warrant that the information submitted is not redundant and respects the general guidelines of ethics in publishing. All papers are evaluated by at least two referees, who are known scholars in their fields worldwide.
Objectives and Scopes
This journal aims to promote an academic rigor to Quranic studies through new and original scholarly contributions and perspectives to the field. It welcomes researches on Quranic sciences (Ulum al-Quran), manuscripts, scientific miracles, modern applied sciences related to the Quran. The content also includes book reviews and conference reports.
QURANICA is published twice a year, which publishes articles that deal with all aspects of the Quranic & Islamic research area, as well as other specializations that are related to the Quranic research, such as computing, sciences, and technology. Contribution towards new theoretical results in all areas of computing, as well as sciences and technology is really much needed, due to serve the Holy Quran in all available means, especially for the Muslim community worldwide. Since then, this journal is targeted to achieve the objectives and scopes which highlighted as below.
The objectives are:
- To provide new academic contributions and perspectives to the field of Quranic research while gaining wide-spread referral and achieving electronic publication.
- To serve the Glorious Quran and its sciences through academic research.
- To enhance scholarly networks and interactions between current research in the Quran and other disciplines by making use of the World Wide Web among various modern information technology.
- To nurture expertise in the field of Quranic research while achieving a sound methodology in the aforementioned field.
Scopes/Focus of the Journal:
- Create the Quranic research of high-standing and caliber, as well as new contributions carried out according to an academic and scientific methodology.
- Review of studies related to the Quran and its sciences, including relevant, valued manuscripts on the topic which enrich the modern Quranic library.
- Research on modern applied sciences related to the Quran and Islamic studies.
- Book reviews, reports on conferences, seminars, and workshops concerning the Quran and its sciences.
- Recent works and academic research were done on the Quran in the Muslim world, including University theses and dissertations.
Any comments or suggestions on the articles previously published in the QURANICA are encouraged, and the authors will be given the opportunity to respond. Please submit any comments or recommendations to the respective editor by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor In Chief:
Prof. Dato' Dr. M.Y. Zulkifli Bin Hj. Mohd Yusoff
This is to inform our readers that the editorial board of the journal has decided to replace the formerly know title International Journal on Quranic Research with the new title QURANICA (ISSN 2289-5396). This should be considered as a continuation of the previously published four issues with ISSN 2180-4893.